all cream/all white/whitewall tyres in 26x1 3/8 size

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if those are the english version of 26" youi won't find em. reg. black one you have to order from the lbs as the englisg version is way different then what you find on the shelf. i got one an it does not work well. so i have to order new one. i may be wrong but that is what i am being told an i have not found any other then blavk from the lbs. if you find something different please let me know.

Outlaw :mrgreen:

Thanks, i've spent a lot of time looking on the internet - can't find anything, i'll let you know if I do.

I've been thinking about spraypainting the tyres!

I got an old Raleigh Chiltern for £10 on Friday, would rather have converted to modern wheels and put white Halo Twin Rail tyres or cruiser whitewalls but there's not enough frame clearance near the bottom bracket area.

i put 2.125's with modern mtb 26" rims on my raliegh. had to spreat the rear stays an fork. works fine. see Outlaws superbe b/t in bike gallery. good luck

Solid color gray or white tires 26-1 3/8 (9.99 + ship./pr) are available from a seller on e-bay. Go to http://www.bikesboardsskates.com and there is a link to his e-bay store on the left side of the home page. I have bought from them more than once with no problems. Wish I had a bike to put a gray pr. on. Have Fun ! 2spdDawg

sorry to say those tires won't work on british /english wheels. i got a pair of black an no go without a lot of force then i poped my tube in one. thats all i know. you have to get your lbs to order an take your rims so they get the right tires for it.

i took a 2x6 on the rear an layed it down then took my mallet an hit it real easy till you get what ya need. take a 2x4 an do same thing on the front fork. my left crank hit the rear chainstay, so while tire an rim were on i took my mallet an hit where the crank hit an hit the chainstay back in till crank would work. have to be real careful not to dent tubing. do this befor ya paint. i did not and have to do some touch up.lol. or ask hooch where to get the spreader he uses which will be alot better. you have to put 2x inbetween the forks

OUTLAW said:
sorry to say those tires won't work on british /english wheels. i got a pair of black an no go without a lot of force then i poped my tube in one. thats all i know. you have to get your lbs to order an take your rims so they get the right tires for it.

Those tires should fit. Sometimes it is a bad rim/tire combo. I had a tube I kept pinching when trying to get a stubborn tire on. I finally purchased a Koolstop Bead Jack.... no problems now. http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/ ... px?sc=FRGL

tirebeadjack.jpg

i don't have a bad tire rim combo. those tires are a little smaller then the english tires that are made for em. but everyone can try if they like. i am just saying what i did and what my lbs is saying, an yes this guy i trust an yes I am ordering the correct tires for these rims. ya, wish i could get em in different colors. if you do get em an they somehow do work let me know i still want to get gray ones

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it :)

Got one more lbs to check then it might be ebay for the tyres

Wheelchairs have grey tyres - don't know if they can be used on bikes!!!

There is the Schwalbe Delta Cruiser 26x1 3/8, can't find any pictures of the white wall version though.

I went to the final lbs today, i'd never seen any white tyres on display before, anyway, they had some in the storeroom - Raleigh Record 26x1 3/8 whitewall tyres, £9.99 each. I didn't have enough money on me so i'll get them tomorrow :)

Latest posts

Back