Alenax Road bike Rare ???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol i`ve never seen such a thing, it make me laugh when I look at it, looks pretty cool to, I wonder how it rides

That is a strange and crazy bike. Does it have gears? The video looked like a lot of work for how fast....I mean slow, she was going.

harquahalas said:
That is a strange and crazy bike. Does it have gears? The video looked like a lot of work for how fast....I mean slow, she was going.

Yes it has gears. Shifter on the down tube , 5 speed internal rear hub . The rear hub makes a neato sound while riding. I cleaned it up aired the tires and went for a spin. Fun I must say.

I love the road frame ..I dont know if I would like the way it pedals... :lol:

Unless I'm missing something I thing it's all done by leverage not gears. When you move the shifter it changes the position of that chain connected to the bar off of the crank arms.
I keep mine just for the novelty of it. Never ridden it very far. Just awkward. Mine's the mtb version. I've seen a couple others here in town. I don't know that there worth anything.
The new ones are different. Check out the video here http://alenax.com/

aka_locojoe said:
Unless I'm missing something I thing it's all done by leverage not gears. When you move the shifter it changes the position of that chain connected to the bar off of the crank arms.
I keep mine just for the novelty of it. Never ridden it very far. Just awkward. Mine's the mtb version. I've seen a couple others here in town. I don't know that there worth anything.
The new ones are different. Check out the video here http://alenax.com/

Watching the Video I think I like it.. :lol:

I also have the mtb verion and we ride it around the hood but not to far. I;ve looked it over and over thinking I could build something out of it. Your right Randy it changes gears on the back of the arms not in the hub.

Back