Al DeAngelo (changed from bare minimum)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Bare Minimum

WHO NEEDS ENEMIES HUH?!? SOME FOLKS JUST DON'T GET IT! MAYBE IT'S JEALOUSY. KEEP WORKING BUDDY YA LOOKING GOOD! PEACE

Thanks Jake! :D

They are small, but I found some more pics of this apparently famous car.
Pic7.jpg

Pic6.jpg

Pic5.jpg

Pic4.jpg

Pic1.jpg

Pic8.jpg

this guy holds the winning record at a track in New York called islip raceway, and three time winner(or possibly more) at Freeport Stadium. Kinda cool I guess :D

Just buy a bike???? hahahahaha...I like to have something unique that I have worked on....
Probably a good thing most don't get it or we would have one heck of a time finding and affording parts...

Bare Minimum

That's true. Affordable parts come at a price, ignorant neighbors hahahah

I changed the name to the name of the driver of this car. I feel like I will do a theme build straight from this car. I like the whitewall front and black in the back. I have some ideas. anyone know where I can find a fat 26" slick? and a skinny 26" whitewall? hehe :lol:

Craiggo said:
I told my friend to come over the other day, just to hang out. When he got there, I was out working on this bike. Prior to this, I mentioned the bike build off and told him some about it. Well when he showed up, he asked, "is this that bike you have in that dumb competition?" I replied "yes, why is it dumb?" he said it was because I am spending all this time working on a bike, and paying for all the parts, when I could just buy a bike. I really had no answer for this. I said I would be building a bike in the meantime anyways. He also thought it was stupid that I was doing it for no cash prize... I was just dumbfounded by how non-nastalgic and maybe even greedy some people can be, haha. I am just in it for the fun of it. Tin Machine is right about how winning doesn't matter. If there was a cash prize, I'm not so sure if I would even do the build off. It is just more friendly this way. I tried to work on the bike a little more while he was there but he seemed to have zero interest in any part of it, and he was a little insulting actually. Just thought I'd share my little tale, thanks for readin :)
I decided that I will stick to the theme of that ace of spades car, I will post a couple more pictures of those cars soon, maybe tonight even.
Craig :D
Wow!Its kinda like if you are building a 57' Chevy and he said "thats stupid,just go buy a new Toyota"

cman said:
Better price on those slicks from Jerald direct. http://www.jeraldsulky.com/ProductDetai ... ctCode=26J

call them, he made us some whitewalls a year ago. He may still have some.
I'm having troubles with choosing credit card, PayPal. Waiting for email reply by this company.

In other news: I'm having mixed opinions about how my front fender should be formed. I may have it a v shape in the front. ???? Nobody knoooows

FRAME CHANGE!!! 8)
I realized through debating in my head, that the last frame would be hard to pull off the paint job i had in mind. I pulled this bad boy out of my frame pile and started mach up.

DSCN8478.jpg

I had to get the fork out of the headpost first.
it wasnt easy but here it is
DSCN8711.jpg

PREWAR BEARING AND BEARING CUP $40 !!!PATINA!!! haha (sold)
DSCN8714.jpg

Then I worked on the crank and pedals. (really? every time :roll: )
DSCN8718.jpg

here is my handy work on seatpost removal
DSCN8721.jpg

(i ended up using the hack saw to remove it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Next, I worked on the seat. I dissasembled it, and cleaned it to bare metal.
DSCN8728.jpg

DSCN8729.jpg

DSCN8727.jpg

DSCN8732.jpg

DSCN8736.jpg

I took apart his home :cry:
DSCN8726.jpg

I plan to welt the seat right to the frame. not exactly sure at this point how, but it will come to me.

so many choices...
DSCN8739.jpg

Its a very rough mach up, but i really like the new frame. it does need some work.
light...
DSCN8750.jpg

no light...
DSCN8749.jpg

Thanks for viewing!
Craig :D

I have some seat post ideas, but I think they may break the rules.
The reason I am reinventing this seat post is because the original seat post is so extremely stuck, that I decided to just go ahead and design my own. I didn't try heating it up, but I want something unique. I also think I will add some more for support

My idea is from this,
266d19f6-242a-dc61.jpg

To this...
266d19f6-24e9-09a8.jpg

Would that infringe any rules?
All comments are appreciated :D
Craig

Would there be anyone that I could ok it with? I could try to heat the stem and get the rest of the post out but I kinda want to experiment

I'm thinking I'll just pm Steve and see what he says.

very cool build and your fine. cutting the seat post tube that goes above the frame is a legal mod as well as welding the new seat post onto the frame. but may i make a suggestion and add some sort of gusset for strength. ....... build keep it going and run the light!!

Back