AGENT ORANGE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you considered putting the chain tensioner on top of the chain stay? I know it's going to disappear behind the fender, so you could possibly hide it. Also, you would be able to remove the chain without having to break it.
Hmmm... I didn't think of that. Plus, that would make the chain hole in the fender much smaller. I'll have to do some mock ups to see how it looks. As for breaking the chain, I have 2 master links in it to make it easier to lengthen or shorten the chain. I really hate breaking chains and I've never had problems with master links so I use them as often as I can. Thanks for the idea. :thumbsup:

I haven't been getting the auto updates on this one either. Just caught up.
Bike looks incredible,looking forward to seeing the fenders on it.

I haven't been getting the auto updates on this one either. Just caught up.
Bike looks incredible,looking forward to seeing the fenders on it.
Thanks. I'm getting excited about mounting the fenders. I just have a couple things to fix on the frame first then it's fender time!!

So I picked up a chrome drop center rim a couple weeks ago and I've been looking for a cool looking tire to mount on it for the front, you're not going to see the rear tire at all. I really like the Project 346 tires but I can't find an all black one and it seems with shipping shops want about $75 bucks for one tire. :eek: I don't think so. Any suggestion on a good looking tire would be great. I did check out the BOA Gs but they are way too fat. Fat Franks are nice but I don't care for the reflective sidewalls. UGH!! :headbang:

Post pix of your favorite tire, maybe I'll see one that I gotta have!!

Picked up a tire over the weekend. It's not exactly what I wanted but it will do for now. Mounted it on the new rim and now I'm trying to find the best location for it inside the fender. I don't want it to look too high but I don't want it to rub the inside top either. I think this is close but I do need to move the fender up and back about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch.

Haven't really been working on the bike for about a week. I had to wait on some parts and I still need to make a few more brackets and spacers. All this week, the Gulf Coast has it's annual 'Cruising the Coast' car show. About 10,000 cars from all over come here and cruise our 27 miles of beach. So I spent last night washing up one of my cars instead of working on the bike. Oh well, life is all about fun.

Hey, maybe you'll meet Dennis Gage at the coast. He films an episode of his show there every year.

Hey, maybe you'll meet Dennis Gage at the coast. He films an episode of his show there every year.
Yeah, we've met him many times. He's kind of an arrogant idiot. He really doesn't know much about cars like he claims he does on his show.

I have about a quart of Agent Orange. It was a common farm chemical in the 60's. I found it in an old barn while looking for bikes. 2,4,D and 2,4,5,T just like your 55 gal. drum says. One shot of that stuff kills anything. Loaded with dioxin. Is that drum really from '68? Gary

I have about a quart of Agent Orange. It was a common farm chemical in the 60's. I found it in an old barn while looking for bikes. 2,4,D and 2,4,5,T just like your 55 gal. drum says. One shot of that stuff kills anything. Loaded with dioxin. Is that drum really from '68? Gary
I believe the orange drum in my first picture was painted just for 'museum' use. The original drums were usually olive drab with an orange stripe painted around them (they got the name agent orange from the stripe around the barrel). Like this one.

Last edited:
I haven't done much with the bike lately due to other projects and still dealing with a painfully broken disk in my back. Anyway, ever since I picked up my new front rim it's been putting holes in the tubes and I couldn't figure out why. I even put 2 layers of duct tape down with a rim strip and it still didn't help. :headbang: Finally, i found a little bur that was barely sticking up next to one of the spoke nipples. It was so small I couldn't even feel it but when the tire was pumped up it would punch a hole in it. Fixed it!! But not until I went through 5 new tubes, even patched the first tube which now has 2 holes in it. :mad: So far so good. It's been 2 days and it's still holding air. Here's the carnage.

Latest posts

Back