Afternoon ride

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Palm Harbor , FL very close to the Pinellas Trail, a former train track corridor for the most part. Today I decided to explore the newer north end of the trail....

Looking west over the bayou in Tarpon Springs
0403001524a.jpg

Looking east over the same bayou
0403001524.jpg

Looking south, US 19 northbound is the overpass on the right
0403001513.jpg

Looking southwest, this is one of the "rails to trails" sections....the wooded area on the left backs up to a water treatment plant.
0403001532.jpg

Sorry for the quality and lack of quantity of pics.....phone memory was full. It was a perfect weather day for riding.

aka_locojoe said:
We rode the trail down and back a few years ago. A lot different than most rails-to-trails we've ridden as it was populated the whole way. We stayed in Tarpon Springs and ate Greek food for every meal.
Lucky you to live in such a nice area.

It is a nice area to live in. I can ride virtually 12 months a year, and I really can't take the cold weather or snow anymore.

It's very likely this part of the trail didn't even exist when you were here last. It's pretty cool because they keep adding to it, wether it be length or east/west feeders. I can say I have ridden it to both ends as well.

That appears to be the "old" end of the southbound part of the trail.......it extends down into southeast St Pete now. Way south!

RZ94 said:
That appears to be the "old" end of the southbound part of the trail.......it extends down into southeast St Pete now. Way south!
I documented we rode a total of 67 miles (out and back) so wherever half of that would be. Sounds like we'll need to go back and ride the rest some day.

Back