Advice on my boatload of AS seat post clamps

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently obtained 31 AS seat post clamps, mostly round bolts but also a few D-bolt style (some of which have a larger "AS" than others).

My question is - How many would you keep? :?: I currently have one of the d-bolts on ebay - I searched ebay completed listings and found one in worse condition that was auctioned off for $16.00 in the beginning of May. Maybe sell off enough to make my money back?

For $30 I got those clamps, plus a Shelby chain-ring (already traded that for labor) 2 Huffman chain-rings, a Columbia chainring, four Schwinn mag wheel chain-rings, 18 seatposts of various lengths and some other schtuff. I checked with a local bike shop that carries used parts and he offered me $20 for everything! LOL

Thanks in advance.

My first advice is maybe not post how much parts cost you if you plan to sell them here.
Even if you sell them cheap the people you sell to will feel bad because you got such a deal.
Then sell them for what the market will bare. You will probably never need that many of any
of them in your lifetime.

Nothing devalues parts faster than showing that quantity is available.
Personally I would keep the forged D type clamps and dump the stamped sheet metal clamps.

Some times i give them away or sell for 10 shipped depending on my mood and if im running low ?, but thats just me :mrgreen:

Back