Adult Big Wheel?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been thinking about building an adult Big Wheel using a wheel setup from a unicycle for the front pedal wheel - Has anyone else tried something like this? If so do you have any pics? Thanks - DBrooker

I had a Coker Wheelman that had a 36" front wheel.. I chopped it up to make a trike but it was really more fun to ride as a "hi Wheeler" Coker no longer makes the "Wheelman" but you can still buy 36" unicycles from them...

I think its a fine idea. I have been scouting for a Unicycle to do it myself..
2691869642_6344dd81e6_o.jpg

Larry - Nice job - I'm going to keep the seat on mine a little closer to the ground in the more traditional big wheel style - I'm thinking a 24" for the front and some smaller, wide lawn mower tires for the back - DB

Awwww.... I get it. you meant BIG WHEEL.. not BIG wheel..... I was thinking hi wheel, penny farthing BIG wheel.. but not plastic speed racer..... I get you now

Yeah I think it will work. I dont have pictures of it but my blacksmith group made a couple of tricycles using unicycles that where auctioned off for charity. What we did was use a big old bearing for the head set. basically turned what would be the seat post into the headset and made a little adapter for the bearing to seat on. we then just welded the down tube for the bike right to the outer ring of the bearing. Worked real well and looked cool. These where big bearings. Like 3 1/2 OD and 2" wide, where bought as new salvage from a surplus store.

Sounds like a fun project.

Back