A Wal-Mart Huffy Cranbook, with a debit card thrown at it.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I'm finally getting somewhere with my "budget" Huffy Cranbrook bike build. First of all, in case y'all don't know what a new Huffy Cranbook looks like, here's a picture courtesy of StepChild:

Cranbrooknew.jpg

After three weeks since purchase, this is what it has evolved into:

044.jpg

043.jpg

048.jpg

041.jpg

I was pretty happy to find this 22.2mm BMX style stem - those Nirve Super Apehangers were puttin' a LOT of leverage on that original gooseneck...

047.jpg

Finally, my custom color-matched Honka Hoota. I have a Honka Hoota on my Stumpjumper FSR - why not one on my "Blue Rat Bobber"? OK, am I allowed to call it that? I know, maybe "Blue Light Special", right? LOL...

045.jpg

This bike is hardly a drop in the hat compared to the talent I've seen on this website, but I've had fun puttin' this thing together so far, and will continue to do so with other bike projects! They'll have to be "clean" builds for now, as I live in an apartment and really don't want to have to pay for the carpet when I move out. Once I get a house though, look out! You Dallas area boys, keep an eye out for me - I'm quite possibly headin' your way!

Dana Joe said:
"I've had fun puttin' this thing together so far,

That is the most important thing. Looks nice by the way.

Cruisin' with an Aggie? Man, I dunno...

LOL...

Thing is, my "budget" is already way out of whack; I spent more for the seat and handlebars combined than I did for the whole bike!

Not to mention that my HONKA HOOTA cost five bucks.

cool good job on that...

Aggie, I had to use some 1/4" rubber fuel line as a "shim" to mount the HONKA HOOTA where I did.

Have you ever heard these things? Loud as can be with minimal effort.

Back