A trip to the bicycle graveyard today (pics)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I hadn't been in nearly a year, I ran over there at lunch today. Picked up several sets of apes off of girls banana seat bikes. Bought 1 complete old girls banana seat bike and a possible never ridden 26" womens Ross Europa. It's not near mint because it has set out a long time but still had shipping labels and tags. The reflectors were still tied under the seat and never installed. $8.00 for all.

Photo04141136.jpg

Photo04141136_1.jpg

I dropped the bikes off at home, but I found a pic of a Ross just like the one I got. Says it's from around 1973. The fiance likes it so I guess it will come apart tonight and see what we can come up with.

6014aej_27.jpg

Tall apes, black the fenders, black nanner seat with blue trim, and loose the front reflector in the wheel. :wink:

Yeah there's mainly Walmart crap there usually, but every now and then you find some cool stuff. Well at least for this area, Clarksville never really had any high end bikes to speak of till BMX came along. Everything was department store stuff. But a bike like this Ross is a great find for me. I got home and checked it over, I'm very pleased and it should make a nice bike. I threw on the apes off of the banana seat bike I bought and then cleaned it up.

aa12.jpg

aa1-2.jpg

aa3.jpg

I had to order new tires, rim bands and tubes for the Ross but my mom found me a banana seat for the other bike I picked up, a 60s Sears Spyder. She found this NOS Western Flyer banana seat for $6.00 so that puts $10.00 in this bike. I'll probably part it out for parts but just wanted to see it in one piece.

Photo04181828.jpg

predfan2001 said:
I had to order new tires, rim bands and tubes for the Ross but my mom found me a banana seat for the other bike I picked up, a 60s Sears Spyder. She found this NOS Western Flyer banana seat for $6.00 so that puts $10.00 in this bike. I'll probably part it out for parts but just wanted to see it in one piece.

Photo04181828.jpg

if you wanna sell it as is or even with out the seat shoot me a pm

Well she wouldn't let me get to creative with her bike. I guess it's about done. She said no fenders.

S6304051.jpg

The little 20" bike is done and sold.

S6304049.jpg

S6304054.jpg

Back