A Tribute for Dad is delivered to a happy guy!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: A Tribute for Dad

Beautiful! Got watered eyes from reading the story. Had a bike done for my Dad and another for Mom recently, and the best of all is seeing the reaction. Quite cool seeing the both of them riding together on weekends. One of those little things that make life great.
Great job so far, keep the inertia my man!

Stopped by the powder coater to drop off my fender braces just as the frame was coming out of the oven. Much happier with it this time around, no flaws and great service. Assembly begins tonight after work for the mock up while awaiting my plater.

Just a quick mock up when I got home tonight.

43206790.jpg

78c8025d.jpg

Still waiting on my black walls to get here.

Wow!! This is really coming together nice! Can’t weight to see it with the new tires and chrome.
The badge came out really nice. 8)

I hope Pops doesn’t know about this site..... :shock: :lol:

Re: A Tribute for Dad, first mock up

awesome man, really turnin out nice. :)

Don't you love it when you are looking for one part you know you have and find parts you didn't know you had? While searching for a crank in the garage I found a set of block pedals. The blocks look brand new! The metal is a bit rusted but it's nothing a rechrome won't fix. :wink:

udallcustombikes said:
Don't you love it when you are looking for one part you know you have and find parts you didn't know you had?

That's never happened to me...I'm more : "What?!! I don't have ANY parts lying around?!!" :lol:
The bike's coming along great! Keep it up! :D

My black walls showed up today as I was leaving for work. :)
Didn't even get to open the case up. :(
The last parts are done at the powdercoater. :D
Found that the wifey's van had a flat as I was fixing to leave to get the parts and head to work. Had to fix the tire and now I have to wait until Monday to get the parts. :x

wow! looks brand new. does anything go on the gaurd?

Fender braces have been powder coated, sorted out and mounted. BUT- I am having an issue with the screws that mount the fenders to the braces catching the tires, bad. I have some 26x2.125 tires on it, the screws are the standard replacement screws.
Do I need to
A. Find different tires, 26x1.95 or 1.75?
B. Grind the excess threads off of the screws and risk damaging the powder coat?
C. Find different fasteners to attach the fenders?
D. ???????

HELP!!!

Also dropping the bright work off with by chrome connection after work tonight.

you could mark how much extra thread there is with a sharpie, take off all the hardware, and THEN grind off the extra threads so you can protect that precious powdercoat. :D

stretch said:
you could mark how much extra thread there is with a sharpie, take off all the hardware, and THEN grind off the extra threads so you can protect that precious powdercoat. :D

Took stretch's advice and got the screws ground down. Still not clearing the rear :x :x :x

Decided to ditch the 2.125s and find some correct middle weight Western Flyer tires. Low and behold my LBS had a Western Flyer tire in stock! But it was a 24" and I already have two. But he put me in touch with a guy in his 80s that has been collecting and restoring bikes for 40+ years. He said he had some and hewas fixing to get a hold of me! He is looking to liquidate his bike stuff, 3 or 4 storage units full! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

We are going to get together next week, but that is for a different thread. :wink:

Back