A quick question for my aunt.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appologize if this is in the wrong section but my Aunt wanted to know about how much her bike might be worth so I thought I would try here...So if you don't mind giving my Aunt and I a quick rundown on what she has and what it might be worth we would appreciate it.
Thanks
Chris

102_0029.jpg

102_0028.jpg

Nice looking Schwinn Breeze(?). Looks to be in good condition. Can you post the serial number? That will let us know the year. Are there any scratches, dents, or tears anywhere? Does the hub shift smoothly through all 3 gears?

If it is as good as it looks and everything works then I would say between $100 and $250 depending on your location. A nearby college will bring higher prices.

looks like a 70s schwinn breeze 3 speed and looks like its in nice condition too. if it was me id ask $175 and id be fine with getting in the $125/150 range but id really push for 150 with the basket and lights.

if the 3 speed doesnt shift ... knock $30 off that (or get it fixed at a bike shop)
if it needs tires ... knock another $30 off that (or get them replaced at a bike shop)

but the least money you put into it the better off you are.

if everything is in tip top shape and its cleaned up nice, id agree with the $250 udall is saying. but thats to the right person that wants that bike

just my opinion though

Wow, and they say Cali is expensive hard to believe some of the prices quoted here. You could could *ask* for $120 around here maybe $150 in perfect shape but it ain't going out the door for that.

All right I got the serial # and it is AJ514287 off of the head tube. I gave it a spin around the block and it seems to work just fine. Everything seems to be original including the cables. Second gear sometimes doesn't work but I bet once everything is cleaned and lubed properly it should. There are some scratches on the frame but all-in-all it's a pretty clean bike here are some more pics.
IMGP2074.jpg

IMGP2075.jpg

IMGP2076.jpg

IMGP2077.jpg

Back