A question of ethics...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some interesting responses. Obviously there will always be a debate about this sort of thing. At least my conscience can rest assured that I did the right thing and left the bike alone. I just hope that ended up in a good place, and not the city dump.

I would have talked to the police about it. I would show them photos of the bike, tell them that it has been there for months, emphasize that it is locked to a city sign rather than a proper bike rack and that the neighbors that you spoke with consider it an eyesore. I would ask them if I could have it and offer to leave my contact information in the event that the rightful owner turned up and came looking for it. They may have rejected the idea, but it would have been worth a shot.

the other day i drove by a pile of trash bags by the street waiting for the trash man, and a bike w/ some parts i wanted laying there. we went to the door twice that evening but no answer. the next day the trash was gone and the bike was by the fron door next to another kids bike, glad i didnt take it!
i also was given a bike that has a police sticer where a head badge should be, hmmmm
fast eddie outty

I guess it really depends on the situation.. There are a few bikes in my complex on racks with no locks.. some look like they have not been ridden in awhile.. Then there is this Ross Mt. bike that is locked up on the rack I use and it hasn't moved since I moved here..4 years ago!! I wanna cut the lock and toss it in the trash so I can have more room on the rack..So what is really abandoned? lol

Back