A Proper Rat Rod

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, here she is!

There’s a lot to write but I’m short on time!

I’ll follow up later!

Without question my most technical and expensive build.

The bike is wonderful and a pure joy to ride.

Thanks to everyone for their input and following by build. The sharing and camaraderie are always the best part of this competition.

IMG_8543.jpeg

IMG_8530.jpeg
IMG_8526.jpeg
IMG_8525.jpeg
IMG_8527.jpeg

IMG_8509.jpeg
IMG_8510.jpeg
IMG_8513.jpeg
IMG_8518.jpeg
IMG_8532.jpeg
IMG_8535.jpeg
IMG_8533.jpeg
IMG_8536.jpeg

IMG_8538.jpeg
IMG_8537.jpeg
IMG_8539.jpeg
IMG_8540.jpeg
IMG_8541.jpeg

IMG_8542.jpeg

Build thread:
https://ratrodbikes.com/threads/a-proper-rat-rod.118280/

Sometimes serendipity happens and we roll with it. Sometimes we have to create our own serendipity!

You definitely overcame the odds on this build a number of times. The result is a beautiful bike, that you should ride with pride, and enjoy every ounce of blood, sweat , and tears (?) that are imbued in it!

I like this photo for the stance, the locale, and the way the light hits the bike and picks up the color in your tape and the rims with the bricks....

jude's raliegh.jpeg

Sometimes serendipity happens and we roll with it. Sometimes we have to create our own serendipity!

You definitely overcame the odds on this build a number of times. The result is a beautiful bike, that you should ride with pride, and enjoy every ounce of blood, sweat , and tears (?) that are imbued in it!

I like this photo for the stance, the locale, and the way the light hits the bike and picks up the color in your tape and the rims with the bricks....

View attachment 244286
Thanks OJ! I actually liked this shot too! I was on the fence a bit as the landscaping Timbers in the background looked a bit busy to me.

I asked the wife and she nixed it ASAP so I went with the other one!

Hey Jude ... (I've heard that somewhere before) ... anyway - FWIW this is my favourite bike of the entire build off by a considerable distance.
And I'm even a bit ambivalent about the baskets. Overall 'Tis well tasty. Big ups.
Thanks for the kind words @BDC !

I was a huge fan of La Mirage as welll! (I also love your shop Too!)

us skinny tire builders have to stick together! Lol

get on that guy and ride it!

Thanks all for the positive comments on the wheels.

-when I sprayed them I knew it was going to be a risk.

my base idea for the wheels (and chain) were the badge had the red and gold in it, and I was hoping to pull those colors to the rest of the bike.

the paint (duplicolor metalcast) is a ‘colored clear’ and I knew the more coats I applied, the darker The final product.

between the black and green on the frame and fenders, I knew the darker I went with the red, the safer I was, but there was still a risk of the wheels looking out of place.

i think these have 4 coats on them.

I put them on and they worked! I’ve tried bold moves like this in the past and they haven’t really worked out. For once, it did! :inlove:

Back