A pretty good day - karma?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I tell my grandfather I will help him with some chores around the house. On the way there I see an old tank bike, make a note to stop on the way home. He had told me a while ago he had an old girls bike I could have, I just wasn't expecting much. Turns out the girls bike is an old skip tooth AMF, with cool fenders (curved braced on peaked fenders). I stopped and bought the tank bike for $50, and the tank on it is the one I have been searching high and low for. The tank has a Columbia sticker on it, but I tried it and it is a perfect fit for my AMF Roadmaster frame??? The tank bike does NOT havve the peaked fenders that I thought all the roadmasters have, and the headbadge is gone. I just don't know enough about these bikes to ID it. When I pulled the tank off I found a tag listing just the tank for sale for $45, so i didn't do too bad. I may use the tank on the Roadmaster I have, and put all the equipment off the girls bike on the boys frame? Anyway here are some pics. If anyone has any info feel free to post or IM.
CHAZ
100_3888.jpg

100_3890.jpg

100_3892.jpg

100_3894.jpg

100_3896.jpg

100_3899-1.jpg

That bike is standard Columbia fare, sold under a number of brands. I have a later one w/ narrower "middleweight" tailsection that was sold as "Goodyear" brand. http://www.nostalgic.net/pictures/447.htm

It seems odd to me that the columbia tank would fit the Roadmaster perfectly, but you are right, that is the same frame.
Thanks!
CHAZ

Back