A 'New World' Order- Updated 11/20/09

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: A 'New World' Order- Updated 11/17/09

Bikebuilder you were right, and copper was easier to use. Not only was it cheaper and easier but I think it looks better too. Before I started buying stuff I held up a small piece of copper pipe and a small brass pipe to see which looked better, and the copper won.

I had a couple super cheap 9 led flashlights I got off of ebay a while ago (I used one in the headlight of 'stripped & teased'). Basically I cut the flashlight in half and ran one wire from the positive to the bulb and the negative to the side of the flashlight case on either end. You push the brass drawer puller to turn it on and off.

DSC05263.jpg

DSC05264.jpg

DSC05267.jpg

DSC05268.jpg

Yes it does work!
DSC05269.jpg

This bike is almost done, I just need to clear coat the chain guard and finish the valve caps.

Just came across this thread. That's a real nice looking bike! Excellent work!

Keeps getting better and better, great looks, just my kind of style, I really like this one :D

I was feeling a bit burnt out from work so I took a few minutes today and finished up the valve caps. My wife works at a bank and they hand out these little clear acrylic pig keychains. I thought they looked to be a good size for valve covers. I took the ring out of the tail, drilled a hole in the bottom, and glued in a regular valve cap. Then I painted them in acrylic and sealed them.

This is what they started as.
DSC05285.jpg

DSC05270.jpg

DSC05273.jpg

DSC05283.jpg

stretch said:
nice! i love em! what kind of paint did you use?

It is acrylic paint like what you would find at an art store. As far as the brand goes I like certain colors from certain manufacturers and have paint from Liquitex, Lascaux, and Golden. When I was all done I gave it a couple coats of Krylon workable fixatif. Which is basically just clear coat that won't bubble it up, is non yellowing, and it brings out the colors better.

Wow, very cool from one end to the other - great bike! 8)

awesome! i think liquitex is a pretty good acrylic.

Back