A new build and I want your opinion!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so this is my newest build and I am looking for a cool sprocket to use. I will not be using a skiptooth on this one so if you have a cool sprocket that you might sell, I am totally interested! Post pics of what you have and I'll be choosing one for sure.
BTW,...I do have the tank for this bike, I just don't have it done yet!
Thanks all, I know I can count on you!
ffa3c836.jpg

268c5093.jpg

So far, It looks totally Awesome and I'm glad to be the first to comment.

Keep it up!

Post more pics!

John c said:
Thanks lonewolf! And I also would like everyones opinion on how the womans monark springer was mounted onto a standard mens head tube with no cutting or re-threading.
I must have been posting at the same time as you other fellas so I apolagize and thank you too!

John c said:
Thanks lonewolf! And I also would like everyones opinion on how the womans monark springer was mounted onto a standard mens head tube with no cutting or re-threading.
It looks like you made a spacer of some sort, and added another bearing cup in there. I think a Monark teardrop chainring would look good on there! Looks like a Snyder/Hawthorne/Rollfast frame. -Adam

bikes looking great! :D cant go wrong with a monark teardrop,star,5 spoke columbia,or an older shelby sprocket. im pretty sure thats a rollfast frame,cause it looks like my RRBO4 bike. :) meet your older brother!
DSCN1268.jpg

Here's those chain rings I got, I also have a nice chain guard that'd look killer on it. and keeping with tradition my foot is in the shot....lol

P7250117.jpg

P7250118.jpg

P7250119.jpg

P7250120.jpg

Just kidding on the last one.....lol

John c said:
I like the 5 point star too! How much? Do you think it'll clean up?
As for the guard, I've got more than I know what to do with along with skiptooth chainrings but thanks!

I think it'll clean up great I rubbed a little spit on it and it shined pretty well. I don't need it and I find them all the time, make me an offer and it's yours.

deorman said:
The slotted Murray ring goes with the chainguard, but I like the 5-point star sprocket better. :|

Actually they both came off entirely different bikes, those slotted rings came on about everything though.

outskirtscustoms said:
John c said:
I like the 5 point star too! How much? Do you think it'll clean up?
As for the guard, I've got more than I know what to do with along with skiptooth chainrings but thanks!

I think it'll clean up great I rubbed a little spit on it and it shined pretty well. I don't need it and I find them all the time, make me an offer and it's yours.
Yeah, I've got a bunch of the slotted ones off rollfast, huffy and Murray but I just don't like em'!
PM sent!

deorman said:
People have their different methods here, I'd already be hittin' it with 0000 steel wool and PB Blaster. :wink:

37106_300.jpg

pbBlaster.gif

:mrgreen:

I just leave them how I find them till I find a use for it or sell it, some people like the rusted and aged patina.

Back