A MINT MURRAY

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Another resale shop score today.

I saw this yesterday and passed on it.

After further inspection I realized it was made in the U.S.A. and appears to be unridden.

It was grungy when I got it, but a quick bath revealed the true condition of the bike.

Even the tires are still in mint condition. :D

IMG_2193.jpg

IMG_2198.jpg

IMG_2204.jpg

wow! a very nice find indeed. I pretty much cruise by a set of resale stores everyweekend nowadays. this is why.

what type of freakish resale shop do you live by? All mine has is old Christmas sweaters and wooden tennis raquets. Nice score anyhow.

Ha Ha....it's a huge place that is in an old grocery store.

They have everything....all stuff donated by the public.

They use the money made off the stuff for community programs.

The city drops off all abandon bikes to this place also.

They probably get anywhere from 15-25 bikes a week.

Colony%20Store.jpg

No wonder you guys in Texas like rusty bikes....that's because, YOU DON"T HAVE ANY DOWN THERE! :mrgreen:

Wow...that's a pretty unsecured system!

Doesn't even check your IP address if you did go to that other link. :shock:

I thought that was yours... but the signature Wood fence, grass and clean concrete threw me! :mrgreen:

I prefer the garage door scene....less background clutter, more focus on the bike. :mrgreen:

You can also tell it's me with my signature triple ASCII dot pattern in the title...LOL!

Great bike. Did it come with the hand brakes? How do they attach to the frame? I've been thinking about putting one on my current bike, and I would love to see how someone else did it.

Thanks,
nuts n' bolts

The brakes attached just like on a normal road bike...on a brace between the two bars on either side of the wheel.

Front brakes mounted on the front forks.

Latest posts

Back