A little something different.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a little project I've been working on. It's one of those Walmart Razor Scooters. It was the Granddaughters, and the big kids (adults) broke the rear wheel. Well she got a new one because it wasn't her fault it broke. I got this one. It was pink. I completely disassembled it down to the bare frame. I ordered a new rear wheel from Monster Scooter parts. I lowered the front end about 2". I repaired some cracks in the front plastic with a soldering iron, and some bondo. I removed the chain guard and brackets. We don't need to be safe. I regeared it with the sprockets from an old Walmart 10 spd bike I found at the curb on trash night. I used the smallest sprocket from the rear cluster on the motor, and the smallest sprocket from the front two sprockets on the rear freewheel. I had to do some machining to make it work. It now uses the bicycle chain too. I had to clearance the motor plate to clear the chain. The handle bars are cut down from another old Walmart BMX style bike. I also cut the original goose neck and welded in one from a bicycle so I could use the bars. The skull on the front is from the dollar store, it's Styrofoam, and they sold them at Halloween. I cut it in half, and glued it to the front where the fake headlight went. I smoothed it out with Bondo. The paint is from a spray can. The tan is called evaporator cooler tan from ACE hardware. The black and white speed stripes are spray can too. I made the license plate holder from sheet metal, and made the license plate on the computer. I haven't been able to ride it on the pavement yet, but I think it'll be fast! It sounds fast sitting on it's stand when you fire it up. The wife's not happy. Said I better wear a helmet.
Here's what it started out as,
resourceashx.jpg

Here's what it looks like now,
100_1498.jpg

100_1499.jpg

100_1500.jpg

100_1501.jpg

100_1502.jpg

Not sure if I like the sticker, but it's on there now,
100_1503.jpg

100_1505.jpg

Skulls on the handgrips too, but hard to see here,
100_1504.jpg

100_1506.jpg

Yes it's electric. The weight rating on the Walmart site is 150 LBS. Though I've seen others rated at 175 LBS. I'm somewhere between those numbers.

Nice little scoot! Let us know the top speed. 8)

Back