A day late, and a dollar short. My build is called "leftovers"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow on the build the rain and the blowing up house!!! lovr the new bike also

Try

Wow on the build the rain and the blowing up house!!! lovr the new bike also

Try

Thanks! It's been a wild week. Natural gas blew up the house.

TuckTuck: 815649 said:
Thanks! It's been a wild week. Natural gas blew up the house.
And that's all you could get done?
I have to ask, was anyone injured? I pray not.
Cool bike find!

And that's all you could get done?
I have to ask, was anyone injured? I pray not.
Cool bike find!

No one was in the house, the people moved out about a month ago. Scrappers broke in and hacked out all the piping, then boom.

No one was hurt. Just houses and lots of broken glass all down the block. People heard the explosion up to 10 miles away.

In other news, I squirted some paint today...

I also bought something else to rob my time spent on this build off. 1964 Honda Benly.

Had time to piddle around today, so I decided to get after this forking problem. There was two regular bolts, and two of the bolts that were original. I needed 4 of these.

But couldn't find any, so after some thinking, I bought some tee nuts and grade 8 bolts.

For those unfamiliar, these are tee nuts.

As you could see, I needed a smooth sleeve to pivot in the rocker, while still having the smaller hole for the bolt through the fork.

So after some trimming and grinding I came up with this...

I ended up grinding it down to about an eighth of an inch, forgot to get a crappy cell phone pic, but this is the finished product. I still need to do the other side, but I got interrupted by a jaguar...

I got interrupted by a jaguar today. I'll finish them up soon. Does anyone have a nice set of chrome schwinn middleweight fenders? This one is gonna clean up nice.

Great trick with the tee nuts, I've got an X-53 springer that had one bolt that was completely trashed, your ingenuity will save me a lot of time looking and some money, thanks.:113:
If for some reason it doesn't work, though, I have the two bolts that you need, and I have no use for them, so there's a Plan B.

Back