a btr for me

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have built a lot of these bikes but never one for me, i built the frame about 2 years ago for pedal power only i had all the parts so i made some motor mounts and a real tank and know she runs, this is the frame i started with
IMG_20120216_171807.jpg

starting on the tank, the filler neck is gas pipe you can get from the hardware store and is a lot cheaper than a real one
IMG_20120328_214046.jpg

this is the part where i lost motivation i really didnt want to grind all the welds on the tank and start buying all the little stuff if you notice there is no chain tensioner witch i like cus the one that comes with the kit seems dangerous
IMG_20120329_225702-1.jpg

so 6 months later i found some motovation and finished all the fab work and sealed the tank it runs now and i got the front brake drum working good ,after tuning it for a day and runing it for a while i felt it was good to go so i went for a long ride and about 2 miles into my ride gas started poring out of the back of the carb so i got it back home tor the carb apart and their was a hunk of metal floating in there but what do you expect from a 200$ engine kit. this is how it sits now just need to put a new throtel on it and paint it
IMG_20120523_215720-1.jpg

Very cool ride!!! I like how the motor looks like its floating in the center of the frame 8) :mrgreen:

i got it painted i was going for a antiqued look, im happy with the bike it runs good and is a blast to ride i had to put the tape on the tank cus there is a pin up on the tank but you can see it with out the tape here
IMG_20120613_085652.jpg

Man that is a sweet ride!!!

dash said:
starting on the tank, the filler neck is gas pipe you can get from the hardware store and is a lot cheaper than a real one
IMG_20120328_214046.jpg

i don't know why, but i think it would look cool if you put a light/weak spring over the end of it :shock:
like that comes just up to the bottom of the threading just touching the bottom of the cap when tightened.. i donno, what you think? :wink:

Latest posts

Back