87 PEUGEOT VERSAILLSE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
About as close to NOS as you will ever find. Purchased new in 87, ridden for 3 hours and then stored inside the house for the next 23 years. :shock:

Not a scratch on the bike and even the original tires are soft and have no cracking or dry rot. Super lightweight bike with a 57cm frame.

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

Boy I'm not to hip on the white... But...Whats not to like about this bike..!!
Thats a beautiful bike ..I bet it rides just as nice as it looks.. Seems like all the roadies left the sight..LOL
Whats not to like about older road bikes..? :wink:
Sweet score glad you got it..Jay

The crazy thing is that 2 years ago I found the exact same model bike in a 51cm model and it too was in near NOS condition.

DSC_0024.jpg

I guess these were the bikes to buy and never ride around here. :lol:

I paid $50 for that one and it sold to a girl in Berkley, CA for a mere $550 plus shipping on Ebay. :shock:

I think I have that same pump..?.. NOS .. LOL
When it rains it pours peugeot's ...What year are they..?

mikesbikes36 said:
funny why would u buy a bike that looks so nice ...now u cant work your magic on it !!!!LOL really a sweet lookin bike man ...do u have it on e bay yet?

He He...all in good time. :wink:

Rat Rod said:
They are the 1987 model.
I guess my wife is right she says I never read things or listen..Its in the title of your SUBJECT..LOL

Here you go Steve..to complete your cloning ..LOL :)
b80fca77.jpg

Rat Rod said:
Wow...pretty sweet!

Too bad this will probably be gone before I could install that. :lol:
Whats so bad about that :wink: ....!!!! After seeing both ..I changed my mind..I like the white..(it has blue in it)
It will go fast.!

The only bummer is that the local high bidder got beat out by $10.

Now I have to box it up and ship it to Washington. :cry:

Beautiful bike, I've had a lot of road bikes but your Peugeot Versaillse is the nicest original vintage road bike I have ever seen. I watched the final count down on eBay and was hoping it would go even higher for you. The first Peugeot you had was also beautiful. I'll look forward to seeing the next one you find.

Latest posts

Back