87 Mach One Build (PICS)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my 87(i think) GT Mach one. I have it stickered as an 85. Its a rider not a carpet queen, so not everything is in perfect condition and its not really done(what bike ever is). This is put together from parts I mostly collected on the Museum. Everything Painted white on the bike I striped and repainted using rattle can appliance paint. All the decals are repops from Ultrahive.com

The frame was $20 and needed an OA bath. The Dropouts are pretty rough, but work just fine.
The fork is a 90's GT that had crap chrome so I painted them white.
Crank is a OPC Gt power series
SR Chain ring and Sugino power disc
Seat Post is stamped GT
Bars GT Performer
Grips are new Odyssey Aaron Ross with gt bar ends
Wheels are some no name 48 spoke ones I had lying around. I have a set of Pro Class on the way.
I love these new GT tires I got.
I had a Plastic GT seat on there but took it off after riding a couple of miles on it and by butt hurt for a couple days. The one on there is a new oddyssey one thats padded.

Untitled by Papas & Nic, on Flickr

Thanks, I havent had much time to build bikes since my sons birth. BMX is a lot easier to build so thats what im doing with my "free" time when I get it.

The Aaron Rss grips come in a bunch of colors too and they are really soft. I would recommend them

Latest posts

Back