79 TEAM MONGOOSE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

teammongoose.png

Steve = happy camper :mrgreen:

Uh ohhhh..... somebody has been bitten by the BMX but again. Your last 5 bikes all have had knobbies.

Cool bike.

It's hard to resist when you just hosted a super cool vintage BMX show. :lol:

Actually...the bike before this one didn't have knobbies. :wink:

DSC_0043.jpg

This one's not a flipper by the way. (steve hears snickers)

It will be my winter project, and if humanly possible...I plan to take my time and do it right.

Nice 'goose. Also nice to finally see some rust enter your garage. :lol: I bet you're running out there to clean it off as I write this. :mrgreen:

outskirtscustoms said:
bet you're running out there to clean it off as I write this. :mrgreen:

Surprisingly enough no. :lol:

I've got the Slik Chik torn down at the moment and plan to knock it out first. :wink:

Some of the folks on the BMX Museum are trying to convince me to leave the finish on the frame and fork like it is...minus the rust.

At first I had planned to have the frame and fork blasted followed by a powder coat job, but now I'm having second thoughts.

I told them that I was going to clean it all up the best that I could and then see how it looks from there.

Could it be that I end up owing a Rat Rod Team Mongoose? :lol:

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0005-1.jpg

DSC_0007-1.jpg

DSC_0008-1.jpg

DSC_0006-1.jpg

It's cool all flaked off like that. I owned a 1980 Blue Team goose that had about 85% of its OG finish. Cleaned it and eventually sold it to another collector that wanted a complete "Original". There were times I wanted to restore it but I didn't want to affect its future market value.

Hard call on the restore. If you're keeping it and/or not concerned with "survivor" market value, then restore it.

I've heard that One of the biggest collectors in OZ, restored most of the bikes in his collection so what's the big deal? He's not really selling any of them.

As for the bmx museum. Try offering that one up to any of those guys as a trade for a restored one and see how far you get.

Sweet score Steve. 8)

Restore IT! If it were in rider condition then I'd say keep it, but it's not.

Make it look like the bike in the magazine.......THEN flip it (haha).

Back