'79 Stingray Finished Pics in Gallery threads

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: '79 Stingray Update pic 10-4

sean138 said:
ratina said:
what kind of tires are those? and where did you get them?
The rear is a Kenda and the front is a Duro. LBS purchase. I'm trying to buy everything from my local shop rather than order.
Shrunken head coming soon! HEHE!
Sean

Is there a "model" name on that tire? do you have a tread pic? It looks really nice

ratina said:
Is there a "model" name on that tire? do you have a tread pic? It looks really nice
No model names. the front is a Duro brick tread 1.75 x 20
DSC02961.jpg

The rear is a Kenda 2.125 x 20
DSC02959.jpg

Sean

sean138 said:
Scored a bicycle license plate at a flea market. 1965, no where close for the correct year for this bike but I still like it.
DSC02952.jpg

NICE! i have a fort wayne 58-59 plate. its sooooooooo much cooler when u get one from your own town :D

thesuicideride said:
NICE! i have a fort wayne 58-59 plate. its sooooooooo much cooler when u get one from your own town :D
I've found a bunch of South Bend plates on ebay but this is the first Muncie plate I've ran into. Home town plates are cool.
Sean

Chain guard isn't the correct guard for a Schwinn but I like it.
DSC02963.jpg

Re: '79 Stingray Update pic 10-5

Nice work. Chain guard looks good to me. No fun building something like it was 30 years ago.

cman said:
Nice work. Chain guard looks good to me. No fun building something like it was 30 years ago.
Thanks. I hope the Schwinn guys don't hate me too much but oh well! Should have the rest of the parts on Wednesday. Not sure when the shrunked head will be done!
Sean

sean138 said:
ratina said:
No model names. the front is a Duro brick tread 1.75 x 20
DSC02961.jpg

The rear is a Kenda 2.125 x 20
DSC02959.jpg

Sean

Thanks for the tread pics. I really like that back tire, I'm going to try and find one for my 67 stingray when I get to working on it.

And who cares about the schwinn guys, I'm sure they already hate you for painting it a non stock color, etc etc. I think it looks awesome!

ratina said:
Thanks for the tread pics. I really like that back tire, I'm going to try and find one for my 67 stingray when I get to working on it.

And who cares about the schwinn guys, I'm sure they already hate you for painting it a non stock color, etc etc. I think it looks awesome!
No problem on the pics. I looked for a '67. Might still try to get one. It's my birth year. Schwinn stock colors are very plain jane.
Sean

sean138 said:
ratina said:

No problem on the pics. I looked for a '67. Might still try to get one. It's my birth year. Schwinn stock colors are very plain jane.
Sean

Heres my project 67. It had a bmx seat on it when I got it, along with a non schwinn rear rim and rotted knobby tires. I had an s-2, slik, and blue stingray seat/sissy bar laying around. Thats as far as I got with it.

1-12.jpg

Ratina, very cool! I can remember when I ditched the banana seat and slick for a 10 speed seat and a cheep knobby for my Western Flyer. I wish I still had that bike. That was oh, about 1977 or something. Kept the apes on it though.
1976.jpg

Me and the W Flyer in '76.
Sean

Just about done. Waiting on the shrunken head to cure. This bike is a blast to ride. Took it out for the first time today.
DSC02966.jpg

DSC02967.jpg

DSC02968.jpg

DSC02969.jpg

Sean

Re: '79 Stingray Update pics 10-7

Beautiful! I really dig the rear mirror, that´s a cooker! :wink:

Re: '79 Stingray Update pics 10-7

i love this bike :D one my new all time favorites !!! love the colorwith the wheels and whitewalls. nice bunch of parts indeed !!!

Back