75' jr stingray

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i believe the guy said it's a 73' either way i'm completely happy with it.
i'm going to need to get new pedals for it and put the fenders back on, tires and rims seem to be all original but the back tire is pretty dry-rotted so i'm def. going to have to try and find me another one.

i'll post some crappy pictures of it from my camera phone in a few.
for $50 it's pretty darn clean.
:mrgreen:

Re: 73? stingray

I love these bikes!

sensor said:
jr stingray is 16" and a regular is 20"
as for the year check this link
http://www.bunchobikes.com/serialnumber2.htm

your thinking of the "midgets" they were the 16" stingrays

your junior has the small frame (basically its just a frame made for the 36tooth sprockets) the basic coaster stingrays started using a 42? tooth sprocket which bumped up the frame size so they could be as fast as the off brands competing with it, yours is just like the early stingrays used in the first place (my 67 Stingray Deluxe has the same frame) but the junior has a shorter height sissy bar and handlebars and a s-7 rear wheel and rear fender is skinnier.

CCR said:
sensor said:
jr stingray is 16" and a regular is 20"
as for the year check this link
http://www.bunchobikes.com/serialnumber2.htm

your thinking of the "midgets" they were the 16" stingrays

your junior has the small frame (basically its just a frame made for the 36tooth sprockets) the basic coaster stingrays started using a 42? tooth sprocket which bumped up the frame size so they could be as fast as the off brands competing with it, yours is just like the early stingrays used in the first place (my 67 Stingray Deluxe has the same frame) but the junior has a shorter height sissy bar and handlebars and a s-7 rear wheel and rear fender is skinnier.
listen to him!!! i stand corrected :oops:
serial # link is correct though....

haha, well thanks for the info!

I'm actually going to the bike shop tomorrow cause I'd like to have slightly higher bars.
AND I need pedals, one of mine is bent and it just feels funky when I'm riding it.

again, thanks so much for all the helpful info!

Back