'71 Schwinn Typhoon

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm fairly new to the bike thing, but I knew I wanted a good condition original "some kind of cruiser" to actually ride on a regular basis. In my area this type of bike seems to be very rare and demands a price higher than I'd care to pay. This '71 Typhoon showed up CL and I decided this could be the bike for me. Went to look at it and brought it home. Paid $70 for it. Too much, just right? I don't know. But I do know I like the bike. It rides so smooth and quiet it's hard to believe it's 37 years old. It came with a double rear basket on it which I removed as soon as I got the bike in the house. Anyway, here are the pics.

s1qbu3mq.jpg

n5n514pr.jpg

4qn3dlpq.jpg

jrmqhhef.jpg

4f0e3lgr.jpg

1ze0rdel.jpg

qbkuy1xs.jpg

lmtva2lz.jpg

they cant all be $1 but i wouldnt walk away without it for $70 :D especially with a basket ta boot :mrgreen:

and its a nice solid red too, they are usually faded from 30someodd years of sun beating on em, enjoy !!!

Thanks for the positive comments, guys. I know the true value of anything is what the buyer is willing to pay, but it's always nice to know you paid a decent price. I love this bike. It reminds me of an old spectraflame paint redline Hot Wheel. 8)

Back