6'r

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, i've decided to enter my build. This bike was going to be a Klunker but I decided it was to lightly built for any kind of off road riding. Picked up a few more frames for the klunker project and was left with this older Huffy. Diddent get a good before picture because I get to impatient and just started ripping parts off and mocking up with other parts. In this before picture I've removed the old wheels and tires and put a set of 27" off an old schwinn road bike I have. I took off the apehanger bars it had and put a set of riser bars. The seat is just one I had laying around. The pile of parts in front consist of fenders, wheels, chaingurd etc... After browesing this site and seeing the Build Off, I thought why not. Plus my wife said I better have a reason for having all the bikes hanging in the garage.
My inspiration for the name "6'r" came form the hope to have somewhat of a utility bike that will haul a six pack of beer.

Ok i give up. How do you add a picture. I actually have this bike mostly complete but I need help adding pictures. Not sure it will count for the build off since Its started, but I would like to share some pics anyway.

Ok got the picture thing worked out. 6'r before picture:

IMG00131.jpg

Now that I've got the picture stuff down I will post an update showing what I've done so far. The before picture was taken during the winter after I got the bike. I took a bunch of stuff off and added some parts I had around. The bike hung in the garage all winter till I saw the Build Off. I stripped the frame of all it's old parts and started to prep for paint. I liked the patina look of the old finish after I started the paint prep so I just clear coated it. Took some better parts(crank set, beraings, head set) off an old bmx bike I had and built it back up. Cleand & trued the old 26" wheels and bought some MTB tires. Also made a rear rack out of copper tubing, old helmet strap, and birch ply strips. Cleaned up and painted a set of cruiser bars. So this is what I've got so far. Got some other ideas to add and not sure I like the bars or seat.

IMG00048.jpg

Thanks! Was geting ready to post my up dates but looks like somone did that for me. Bike is to small for me to ride so I put it up for sale. Not going to post for build off and didn't mean for my add to be put on this forum. I'll try to move it to the general build forum. Thanks

Thats ok. It just was strange because I had put that on craigslist like, what seamed like, minutes before I came to this site to add some pics. After looking at some of the other builds I've decided to start somthing new and take more pics and start the post before I start. I just had a few things to add to this one, as you can see, so I felt it was to complete to start for the build off. Might try for next year. Realy enjoy looking at all the other bikes, some real cool rides you guys/gals put together. Hope I can sell this one to buy more parts for a klunker build I started. I'll put some pics of it up in the build section.

Also didn't want to get in trouble for my craigslist add showing up. Not trying to sell it on this site.

good choice in beer...... cool ride do you have ne pics of how you built the beer rack?????

randorod said:
...Also didn't want to get in trouble for my craigslist add showing up. Not trying to sell it on this site.

no troubles man, we've got a couple sections for selling stuff and listing your craigslist/ebay stuff here already.

Back