69 Screamer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked this up from a friend today. Seems to be all original.
2011-09-25210352.jpg

Sweet muscle bike from the good ole days!

SCORE!!

Yeah i did does yours have the parking brake lever too next to the shifter? it looks to be single. I am just trying to check out as much as i can on these things. Here is the 68 I just picked up and the shifter
IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

amadevil your bike is a 69 screamer. Look at the 68 and 69 and you can see the 69 frame is taller in the back. The 68 had the single shifter. The 69 started with the drag brake shifter on the deluxe model. That 68 screamer is ready to restore. I think the paint, pedals, and handlebar tape is all you need to change

Sweet info thank you I have not been able to find out much on it until this site. another site said 68 is what i was going by. Thanks bro for the info on this. I also am taking that they went to this chain guard in 69? And by this info the bike that started this thread is a 68 then correct?

yamadevil said:
Yeah i did does yours have the parking brake lever too next to the shifter? it looks to be single. I am just trying to check out as much as i can on these things. Here is the 68 I just picked up and the shifter
IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg
It doesn't have a park brake. I haven't researched it much yet. I just love the bars though. my favorite ones are the ones that the frames loop up and have the great big chain guards.

yamadevil said:
IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

dibs if you sell! :mrgreen:

Murray-Eliminator said:
just finished this section on the screamers, if you need more info..
http://murrayeliminatormusclebikes.yuku ... rray-bikes

Once again, thanks for your archiving all of this cool data. My Screamer 2 (when I was a kid) looked like the one in the second to last photo in the Sears Wishbook ad of this thread, but I think it was a 70. It had the butterfly bars, a red to yellow paint, dual rear brakes, 3 speed woodgrain shifter, 16" wheel with no springer, but I am thinking it was more the injection mold seat. I so wish I could uncover some of the old photos I know existed of me with that bike.

Back