68 Sting-Rat Coppertone

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First some background -So as some of you may have seen my prewar hawthorne was stolen from me at the end of last semsester her in chico :( then to make matters worse my cannondale mountain bike was stolen outside my apartment a couple weeks ago so i was left bikeless right before the start of the spring semester :x
but seeing as i have such a cool lil bro he agreed to meet me in sacramento (halfway between Chico and Modesto, my hometown) and deliver a GT mountain bike he had finished building so that i can use
what he didnt tell me was that he was bringing me a little project to have on the side too!
so here it is a 68 Stingray coppertone 5 speed!
its a little rough but im going to keep it this way for now im just going to clean up the chrome a little
Photo0266_zps1134fbb8.jpg

Photo0272_zps23576659.jpg

Photo0268_zps7798815e.jpg

i do eventually want to repaint it but i kinda like the way the rust blends with the coppertone paint

Re: 68 Stingray Copper Rat

when i was @ CSUC I had a couple of bikes stolen the only way to stop it is take your bike everyware and keep it in sight
no lock will stop them :x
ask around the LBS to see what hapened to all the old bikes that Carson and Ceicel Got when they took over Del's bike barn too...

LukeTheJoker said:
Nice starting point!
Just make sure this one does not get stolen yeah? :wink:

Luke.
this one is goin to hang on the wall in my room and ony gonna be used for occasional cruisin if someone wants to steal it from under me theyre gonna hace to kill me first! 8)

BY GODS..
my Fave stingray the Coppertone.. i didnt know they made 5spd coppertones..
i just have a Bannan 5spd Yellow ride xD

iven said:
BY GODS..
my Fave stingray the Coppertone.. i didnt know they made 5spd coppertones..
i just have a Bannan 5spd Yellow ride xD
u know thats a good question because the deraileur on this on is not original and if u notice it has the bracket for a steering tube mounted shifter but it did come with the 5 speed wheel which matches to overall condition of the bike and the chainguard has that little extension to fit the five speeds
i think its time for some more research!

some more goodies got the seat that i ordered
Photo0276_zps92bf3e80.jpg

and heres an idea that ive been trying to do for a while but finally got around to trying it i bought a duplicolor hot tires pen

dupli_zps45f7fc14.jpg

and painted the raised letters on the slick
Photo0288_zps21576d4a.jpg

and here are the results!
Photo0303_zps75654e5b.jpg

not perfect but i am satisfied :lol:

Very nice work....really like the raised white letters. 8)

looks great!
i love the look of patina against the nice chrome.
keep us posted :D

so since the last time I posted I put the stingray entirely together and I rode it around a little heres a pic of a cruise I took in the park

well since a couple of weeks ago the farmers market started up again here in chico ive been riding there to pick up some produce and stuff i realized that neither my stingray nor my full suspension mountain bike were very practical for cargo transportation so when my brother came to visit this past weekend i offered him to trade the stingray for a more practical bike so here it is my new chico cruiser!

Back