'67 Stingray?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked this up at the dump. Serial number dates it as a 1967. Is this a Stingray? No factory markings on the chainguard at all.

I'm not into muscle bikes at all and it's in pretty rough shape. I might keep it, strip it, and rebuild it as a mini cruiser for my little one to use in a couple years.

ipmhzdeu.jpg

wfjjrcet.jpg

Cool little project. And cool old pic there, ratrod. I love the looks of concentration on all those kids' faces. Intent on ridin' out the perfect wheelie. :D

I mean seriously...it really could have been one of the pre-BMX Sting-Rays that were built in the late 60s early 70s.

Rat Rod said:
I mean seriously...it really could have been one of the pre-BMX Sting-Rays that were built in the late 60s early 70s.

may be right ! it does have knobbies front and back, we need to check the bmx history books for this "Steven" fellow :mrgreen:

Why, do they have to end up in the dump....( frustrated that I don't find them.)

At the same time as the Stingray I pulled out a Schwinn Varsity and a really neat, almost mint ladies' Peugeot touring bike(with the frame that guys like to cut the seat tube down and make choppers out of). Still had a paper state park trail pass from '87 wrapped around the frame. Probably the last time it was ridden.

Back