67 fastback

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beat the rush on CL to pick this up this morning. Needs work and a lot of rust removal, but the paint isn't bad really.

100_7035.jpg

100_7034.jpg

Yep. I've got some brakes I can take off another frame I have. Thinking about setting up a tub and getting a car battery jumper for doing the rust transfer thing. I've done steel wool on the last few bikes, but it doesn't get everything, plus, this one will take quite some time with steel wool.

That's sweet.. I've been looking at a Fastback, too. I'm wondering what y'all think about Fastbacks vs. standard StingRays as adult riders... I'm not a light guy, so I'm thinking the bigger wheels/higher tire pressure of the Fastback would be the way to go. Any thoughts? I rode with a group of guys last week, and everyone (11 guys) had some kind of a StingRay but me, and I wanted in on the fun!

All the Stingrays are sturdy bikes. The Fastbacks are the same size as the regular. The MantaRay is bigger with 24" wheels, but much more rare= more expensive :)

Let me know where you find tires...I recently got a 69 Fastback (for free!) but finding tires has been difficult unless I want to pay almost $100 for each :shock:

I'm fairly certain that's the same bike I bought at an antique store in Globe Az.
........and sold it before I could get it loaded into the car! That's been several months ago but I swear it's the same bike......

stepchld, I know original tires will be expensive either way. I think I can get replacement tires for a decent price, I'll let you know as soon as I find out. Tonka, that is too funny. I can tell you that the guy I bought it from was selling it for a friend who lives in Canada and was visiting for the winter.

Back