64 Stingray Deluxe Original

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My first original paint & seat 64 in 15 years collecting. I've had an original paint 65 Violet Deluxe & a repaint Flamboyant but loving this Sky Blue. Picked it up at Krate Fest in Chicago this weekend.

20140614_170057_zpskep3zv75.jpg

Added some streamers & flag caps I had lying around

20140614_232117_zpsvo8u9vsi.jpg

I haven't decided yet if it fits in my collection or not yet.

It doesn't fit at all. I'll PM you my address. :)
Seriously cool find man. I have a sky blue 66 2 speed. My favorite bike right now.

Oh wow, A newbie too Collecting .
Welcome !:D

~RafaeL~

Oh wow, A newbie too Collecting .
Welcome !:D

~RafaeL~

Thank you? Been collecting a long time though. Collected Krates back in the 90's, then moved to BMX for almost 10 years, now back to muscle bikes.

Slap a blue band 2-speed on that bike and it will be the centerpiece of your collection. Gary

This one already has the original & correct Red Band. Been kicking around selling all the bikes, new baby girl on the way.

There were 3 types of Automatic Hubs, identified by band color: Red, Yellow, and Blue bands. The Red Band was made 1960-1964. The Yellow and Blue Bands were made 1965-1969.

The red and yellow band hubs have a low gear: 1 sprocket turn for .67 hub turn to go up hills easier. High gear is 1:1. The hubs would go on bikes with 26" and 24" wheels. They were also used on bikes with 20" wheels and 46-teeth sprockets. The red and yellow hubs have some different parts in them that won't interchange.

The blue band has 1:1 low gear, and high is overdrive: 1 sprocket turn for 1.5 hub turn. These are used on bikes with 20" wheels and 36-teeth sprockets to go further on flat roads.

Thank you? Been collecting a long time though. Collected Krates back in the 90's, then moved to BMX
for almost 10 years, now back to muscle bikes.

Yes thats what i was refering too only 15 years...

~RafaeL~

Nice score, and congrats on the baby girl! Time to start collecting girls bikes! :D

I've got a '72 all original 1-owner Fair Lady I pulled out of a barn just waiting for clean up. My daughter is going to love it when she's a little older.

No problem Jaxon. I have been chasing one locally fir a while (6 years). I'll get my hands on it soon.

Back