64' Spaceliner Firefighter (FINISHED!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 64' Spaceliner Firefighter

Looks great so far! :D The chrome and hose nozzle looks awesome :mrgreen:

Had an old unused generator/headlight assembly laying around,figured this was the right bike to use it on.Also got this cool little bullet light of an old Raleigh bike I got today.Its rusty so i wire wheeled and clear coated the bare metal and Im going to mount it on the spinger facing forward.

generator mount on fork
Firebike036.jpg

headlight mounted
Firebike038.jpg

this is where I plan to mount the little bullet light
Firebike041.jpg

Too bad the frame is done, with more uprights between the upper and lower bars, it would have made a sort of ladder look.

but that bike is really nice.

Looks great, makes me want to build a fire bike :p

We test rode the bike about an hour ago and Im sorry to say the lowrider springer has to go.It makes it ride awful.Going to replace it with a springer with a normal rake.
Planning to install skirt panels mounted beetween the rear frame and rack triangle soon.More to come!

I was able to return to the bike and do some work after another siezure emergency with my wife.The new springer arrived and after some modification due to a euro fork tube size(rats!) I got it mounted.I had to use the fork tube from the old lowrider springer.I applied a reflective fire and rescue decal to the front tube and thin red line(fallen fire fighter) decal that also serves as a reflector on the rear fender.UNPAID PROFESSIONALS decal on the seat post tube.Remounted generator for the lights and remounted the small brass hose nozzle.I have a bit more to do before its done and i can give it to the girl on our local fire dept.

001.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

Hopefully the little antique brass fire extinguisher will arrive soon and i can get it put on.

Latest posts

Back