64 silverjet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
silverjet005.jpg

silverjet007.jpg

silverjet009.jpg

Here she is! Recently found this in the back of my grandfathers shed! My moms first bike...Ive already got it torn apart for cleaning :D

Here is the one that has sat in my junkyard for months (last June I think). It is in a lot worse shape. I've been thinking about restoring it, but now you have pushed me over the hump! Its just like what I pictured it to be!

This is a group shot of my '63 and '66. Please ignore the tape on the '66, I have since found out that both lenses are for the eariler models and are not compatible with the newer ones. The '66 has changed drastically. It is in the basement waiting to be taken to a machine shop. The chain ring and crank have clean up very well as well as the handlebars (not done with those yet). After the frame is fixed I'll have to have it completely dipped in paint stripper along with the fork. The front wheel, headset, and many pieces of hardware have been tossed in my scrap pile. The rack has been relegated to the parts bin and a parts bike is enroute.

I inspected the '63 and I fear that chrome plating is in the future. :(

2475.jpg

2476.jpg

2479.jpg

2480.jpg

2481.jpg

I think the seat for this was also used on some Spaceliner bikes. Other than the seat and maybe a light lense, you have a complete bike! I do obsviously have a spare as said earlier and I may let it go for the right price. :wink:

Back