63 Schwinn Geargoyles CC cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to build this bike with all used parts and have been lucky to pick up some neat ones. Thanks to this forum's knowledgable members for all of the help. This is my inspiration.
Geargoyleovalredlogo.jpg
And this is what I started with.
2012-02-15_12-34-50_901.jpg
Terry66 sold me a nice replacement fork that I am going to leave as is. Outlawalice sold me this cool Schwinn Mag chainring and some 13" Schwinn apes that will be added on.
2012-06-16_07-58-09_322.jpg

Chips_Mahoy said:
Turtlesixfour said:
That's one wicked looking bike Chips! What did light the skull with?

A couple Ultra bright 10mm LEDs & a 9v battery from the local Radio Shack.
Sweet! Will have to keep that in mind!

These are the old apes I'm using.
2012-09-02_08-13-02_492.jpg
And the lay back seatpost with Hunt Wilde grips to go with the seat.
2012-09-02_08-13-45_714.jpg
:D

Does it matter that their are some awesome new seats and grips out there? I'm second guessing the whole "used" idea in favor of style! Where does one draw the line? Want to keep it old school but am feeling a conundrum! Black bike=?grips and seat?

man that seat is crazy cool ... looks like it came from the 1st gucci hand bag.. or maybe a Andy Warhol madness i say

Thanks Henry! This is my other option for a seat and grips. The bike will be black and red with a little white thrown in.
2012-09-10_10-38-05_68.jpg

3 wheeled wolfy said:
Gloss or satin/matte?
Had to go gloss to be different but it is ratty so it probably looks a bit satin. You gotta work with watcha got! I got the fall colder mornings to work with right now. Not gonna clear coat it neither. Want it to match up to the fork that is older than the bike.

I second using the old seat. Of course, once you start putting it together that could change :D Looks good so far!

mmcdaniel69 said:
I second using the old seat. Of course, once you start putting it together that could change :D Looks good so far!
Thanks! Do think I will use the old seat and grips to keep it an old school budget build. Dig your '61 also.

3 wheeled wolfy said:
It's going to be painting weather this weekend in ny.
NY? I use to live in Plattsburgh when I was little. Use to think 80 degrees was hot! Lol

Back