62 Typhoon

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this on NY C'List, listed as a frame and fork but the picture showed the wheels and fenders in the background, and was missing the seat and pedals. Setup a meeting with the seller while I was working (saved on gas and tolls), struck up a deal and took it home.
Couldn't resist wanting to take it for a ride so I aired up the tires, threw on this seat and borrowed pedals from my Spyder. :wink: Took it out for a few blocks and snapped this pic.
typhoon.jpg
I'm thinking leaving the paint as is with 2.125's and maybe mini-apes?

Looks like you got yourself a great project, Love the double straight bar on that year/model...you're going to need S2's to run the 2.125" tires though, it looks like you have the original S7 wheels that run the 1 3/4" inch tire.. I did that swap on my 64 Typhoon and it hadles and looks great!! :mrgreen:

Thanks! Yeah, I already have a set of wheels for it, not S-2's though, just can't decide on tires.
I noticed on my ride, the front end seemed a little "squirrely"? Didn't notice it in person but now that I look at the pic...is that fork bent a little? or is it me?

Latest posts

Back