60s SEARS MUSCLE BIKE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Lunchtime pickup today while at work. This was listed a few times in the past several months along with two middle weight bikes as a group deal. Bad pictures never allowed me to see many details. Decided to take a chance when the ad popped up again and ask if he'd cut this one loose.

Apparently the original owner is moving to Florida and was cleaning out his deceased parent's place before he moved. I made him and offer and he took it so it came back to the office with me. The middle weight bikes were in pretty rough shape so I passed on them.

Just needs pedals, a chainguard and a good cleaning.

sears_small.jpg

Great find Steve. I have a Coppertone Spyder Chain guard if you are interested? Message me or email me. Thanks, Matt

Lunchtime pickup today while at work. This was listed a few times in the past several months along with two middle weight bikes as a group deal. Bad pictures never allowed me to see many details. Decided to take a chance when the ad popped up again and ask if he'd cut this one loose.

Apparently the original owner is moving to Florida and was cleaning out his deceased parent's place before he moved. I made him and offer and he took it so it came back to the office with me. The middle weight bikes were in pretty rough shape so I passed on them.

Just needs pedals, a chainguard and a good cleaning.

View attachment 4921

AWW so you are the one that beat me to it. I also sent him a message if he would let that one go and he agreed. I was supposed to pick it up yesterday after work. But he told me it has been sold. Oh well at least it is in good hands.

My search continues to find my nephew a good muscle bike.

AWW so you are the one that beat me to it. I also sent him a message if he would let that one go and he agreed. I was supposed to pick it up yesterday after work. But he told me it has been sold. Oh well at least it is in good hands.

My search continues to find my nephew a good muscle bike.

The funny thing is that he's been trying to sell this same three bikes for the past six months now. I kept seeing the ad pop up time and time again and I kept blowing it off. He finally started dropping the price down so that's why I thought I would shoot an email and ask.

if you decide to sell let me know ...trying to find my Nephew a muscle bike.

thanKS

I've got a 66 Sting-Ray you might be interested in. It's blue and is a rider so it would be priced decently. Here's a shot of me riding a wheelie on it last week. I can send you better pics if you're interested.

index.php.jpg

I've got a 66 Sting-Ray you might be interested in. It's blue and is a rider so it would be priced decently. Here's a shot of me riding a wheelie on it last week. I can send you better pics if you're interested.

View attachment 4936

send me a price and how far did you do a wheelie... Back in the day I use to ride for blocks. good times

Man,,,,Nice! I believe the seat is from a "Toni-The -Tiger" bike, special edition. I have one very similar and photos somewhere of it on a rusted original frame.

I just sold a correct guard that color on ebay. ;)

Man,,,,Nice! I believe the seat is from a "Toni-The -Tiger" bike, special edition. I have one very similar and photos somewhere of it on a rusted original frame.
No, actually all coppertone '67 and '68 Sears Spyders came with that seat. There may have been a Tony the Tiger special addition bike that also used it, but that's the standard seat that came on it. I've bought 3 Spyders with that seat and have seen at least a dozen more.

The seats really rock on this color too!

Back