60s Rusty AMF/Western Flyer Renegade muscle!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In Arkansas bombing the trails on a Dayton.
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Yup this thing is rusty, A AMF Renegade, badged as a Western Flyer :D Been wanting one for a looooong time :shock:
Suprisingly this bike functions and isnt rusted together- just rusty

My only plans: WW drag slik, WW front tire, a new seat and a good regeasing 8)
ren2_zpsaef1822e.jpg

ren1_zpsbadc7021.jpg

Nice find dude! I've got the same thing. Found mine in a scrap yard, I didn't fix it back up to a muscle bike though. I did what we were doing in the 70's and put the "BMX" conversion to it, with a bread loaf seat, mx bars, skyway 1 mags w/old-timey Maxxis knobbies and a sting-ray fork that I had to lengthen the neck about 2" to fix the AMF frame. :shock:

usedktm said:
Nice find dude! I've got the same thing. Found mine in a scrap yard, I didn't fix it back up to a muscle bike though. I did what we were doing in the 70's and put the "BMX" conversion to it, with a bread loaf seat, mx bars, skyway 1 mags w/old-timey Maxxis knobbies and a sting-ray fork that I had to lengthen the neck about 2" to fix the AMF frame. :shock:
Pics or it didnt happen :wink: :mrgreen:

Had a Renegade last year and sold it cool bike but needed to purge. Your rusty bike reminds me of the rusty 60 Schwinn Tornado I bought off another RRB'r. Got it in pcs and have been reworking it a little at a time, the rust look is growing on me so it's paint color may remain as is ratty and rusty. Rusty bikes are just fun to screw around with, here's a pic of mine.
ca7fdf05ddd268079a44ae3891ea1550.jpg

My Renegade had a 3 speed Stick shift, here's a pic from when I owned it.
114a58c3.jpg

ChicagoMuscle Guy said:
Had a Renegade last year and sold it cool bike but needed to purge. Your rusty bike reminds me of the rusty 60 Schwinn Tornado I bought off another RRB'r. Got it in pcs and have been reworking it a little at a time, the rust look is growing on me so it's paint color may remain as is ratty and rusty. Rusty bikes are just fun to screw around with, here's a pic of mine.
ca7fdf05ddd268079a44ae3891ea1550.jpg

My Renegade had a 3 speed Stick shift, here's a pic from when I owned it.
114a58c3.jpg
Chicago, Love the look of your Tornado! That look is really growing on me as well, like the look of the rusty frame surrounded by shiny chrome pieces. Thanks for sharing!

Have one of these waiting in the 'sometime' pile, too .. Western Flyer badged Buzz Bike III

BuzzBikeIII1_zps3d319489.jpg

Got it as shown, had the BMX treatment back in the day, now planning to return to mostly stock ( still hunting a 3 speed wheel for it ).

I actually have a spare painted guard ( rusty to match ),been debating the rusto-rod treatment myself, will DEFINATELY be watching this one .

Green Dragon said:
Have one of these waiting in the 'sometime' pile, too .. Western Flyer badged Buzz Bike III

BuzzBikeIII1_zps3d319489.jpg

Got it as shown, had the BMX treatment back in the day, now planning to return to mostly stock ( still hunting a 3 speed wheel for it ).

I actually have a spare painted guard ( rusty to match ),been debating the rusto-rod treatment myself, will DEFINATELY be watching this one .

Just threw a nice speed wheel in the dump. Couldnt sell it and gave up so in the trash it went. Was the origonal from mine.

Back