59 western flyer build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my retro mod-build that I'm working on for my wife. Frames painted, started out as a rusty carcus from an old ghost town. Only thing salvageable from the find was the frame, gooseneck, and sprocket. Not the wheels I am going to stick with but wanted to get a feel for size, as my wife is rather petite. Any suggestions for other parts or good websites to purchase from...would love to hear from you!

DSCN4283.jpg

DSCN3953.jpg

Love the paint scheme!! I buy a lot of parts off ebay and sometimes from niagaracycle.com.
Is the top tube going all the way back added or original? I'd like to see the finished ride!

I just finished this one about a month ago. Looks like the same tank. I just moved it back to clear the springer and made it fit around the top tube.
WF003.jpg

Paint is really cool....I like the black rims with whitewalls on there. I think it is an awesome look....both of the builds I have going are using black rims and whitewalls. Awesome bike so far.

Well I am actually going to use red rims with white wall or possably slicks. This frame has a back bone going over the top of the tank, this bike was origInally a metalic blue with white pin stripping. I need bearings or a whole new head set to start build. Thanks for all the props on the paint job my wife really likes it to.

I have the sane bike I am going to part out it has truss rods and all the bearings etc if you are interested ill post pics and price fair

Sounds good,I look forward to seeing the picks of the parts. we'll have to make a deal! maybe a bike swap for parts. wait till i get my other bike posted you'll love it to.

I have been busy working all week and I have not had the time to take pictures in the daylight will post either Fri OR SAT THANKS :

I will sell you the whole bike if you want but the frame is cracked cranks are bent seat is toast rear fender gone back rim missing half of the spokes front rim not to good I HAVE ANOTHER MIDDLEWEIGHT SEARS branded middleweight that has some nice fenders etc I do not think there is enough parts on that bike to make it worth it to ship but ill make a package deal for whatever you need let me know THANKS

tank'dbikesusa said:
Well, Looks like I missed out this build off. Sorry guys I will definitely have a bike ready for the next build off.

You missed a fun time!!! Just think, you now have 9 months to plan and collect parts!!!

Back