55Phantom Intro

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry didn't mean to jump the gun, just found this site. I didn't realize there were as many bike nuts out there as there is, at least I'm not alone. Little bit about me, I'm 40 something, I live near Raleigh,NC and have a small collection of old cruisers and middlewieghts. I was bitten by the "bug" in the 80's when I began collecting Krates and on one trip to an old Schwinn shop the guy sold me my first Phantom for $40.00. Don't have the Krates anymore but still have the 55 Phantom. On a recent trip back home my parents and picked up my parents old bikes a 1979 Hollwood ,1979 Spitfire and a 1964 Monark Silver King. I have already beun customizing the Hollywood for my daughter, and just recently got the Spitefire running after a little work and some different parts. Just added a 1950 green Phantom springer fork and some Nirve BadA tires. It's still in the early stages but I will post pics as it goes along. Thanks
IMG_0215.jpg

Welcome, I remember those days when candy bars were a quarter and phantoms were $40. :(

Welcome!

Back