'55 Spitfire

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought this bought this frame from "Simple Man" for my first build. I'm not sure of the exact direction this build will take but have some ideas rattling around in my head. I really like military stuff, so that will probably be the general theme. Since I got my first bike as a kid in 1955, starting with a '55 Schwinn Spitfire frame really feels right to me.
0aaaspit.jpg

i just got the same frame on ebay today. haaa. i've always wanted a schwinn straight bar. military build sounds cool with the RAF camo colors. have fun man.
DonOne said:
I just bought this bought this frame from "Simple Man" for my first build. I'm not sure of the exact direction this build will take but have some ideas rattling around in my head. I really like military stuff, so that will probably be the general theme. Since I got my first bike as a kid in 1955, starting with a '55 Schwinn Spitfire frame really feels right to me.
0aaaspit.jpg

Thanks for the ideas! I am a Vietnam vet (USAF '64-'68 Vietnam '66-'67) and was an aircraft hydraulic mechanic. F-100s, F-4s, C-130s, etc. so my taste in aircraft leans more toward later planes than the WWII stuff. I am actually thinking more toward military ground equipment, flat army green paint and military markings and so forth. I'm still trying to work it out in my head.

Back