'55 AMF Roadmaster Pleasure Liner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well after ripping off the fenders and turning the handlebars upside down I decided I wanted to add a motor to it...

How the bike started:

amfrmpl01.jpg

after fender removal and handlebars:

amfrmpl06.jpg

Then I ordered the motor kit from ebay, new wheels and tires (via Carlos aka chimichanga), old school cylinder style gas tank from ebay, new wood grips, new seat and headlight (via NLCTVWguy). Still need to pick up new chain from TSC.

When I got the engine kit I test fitted it and noticed I needed to extend the front motor mount; so I went to home depot and grabbed some supplies and came up with this:

amfrmpl07.jpg

I took the bike around the block and noticed that the engine covers on the left side were too close so I took them and grinded them down for more clearance. I could probably grind them down more really.

I then took off the factory seat and bolted up the new seat from NLCTVWguy, thanks!

amfrmpl08.jpg

I then test fitted the exhaust and noticed I had the same clearance problem with the pedals. So I went to and got some conduit and bent it on my knee and cut the old exhaust apart. Here's a shot of it mocked up:

amfrmpl09.jpg

I decided it would look good painted black and wrapped for that old school look. Here is how the bike currently sits:

amfrmpl10.jpg

I'm still waiting for my wheels and tires, grips and gas tank. Once I have those I should be able to get this thing running. Need to create a bracket for my new headlight and I also have to figure out a better chain tensioner.

-Matt

Great build. One of the things that amazes me is that you have a Porsche and a nice bobber motorcycle in your garage, but still enjoy fiddling with bicycles. I have seen guys like you over and over again, on many different sites. There is something about the simplicity and malleabilty of bicycles.

wheelbender6 said:
Great build. One of the things that amazes me is that you have a Porsche and a nice bobber motorcycle in your garage, but still enjoy fiddling with bicycles. I have seen guys like you over and over again, on many different sites. There is something about the simplicity and malleabilty of bicycles.

Thank you! I completely agree.

wheelbender6 said:
There is something about the simplicity and malleabilty of bicycles.

+2

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Back