54? roadmaster (pics fixed)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Picked up a Roadmaster today that was advertised as a '54. Based on what ive seen on here the horizontal dropouts indicate its probably earlier. The marking on the BB says H33347 and then what looks like an A.

Sorry for the crappy headbadge pic.

Thoughts?

RM1.jpeg

RM2.JPG

Re: 54? road

CCR said:
pics aren't working ..
Huh,shows up on mine. Here's the closed captioning: horizontal dropouts with chain tensioners (missing), brass (I'm assuming) headbadge that's very art deco. It actually reminds me of the Chrysler building for some reason.

Yeah, no pictures here either. CWC did still use rear dropouts and chain adjusters in '54. If it's CWC, post a picture of the serial under the bottom bracket and we should be able to date it conclusively.

Jpromo said:
Yeah, no pictures here either. CWC did still use rear dropouts and chain adjusters in '54. If it's CWC, post a picture of the serial under the bottom bracket and we should be able to date it conclusively.

BB says H33347 and then what looks like an A. It 'll be hard to get a pic that's readable without removing paint. It's hard enough to read in person.

Rustinkerer said:
That A is likely a poorly stamped ACw, I believe that series was around 50-51. A '54 CWC would be stamped 54Cw. -Adam
You can sort of see the Cw in person. Good to know about the date, mo older mo bettah

Back