53' 24" Breast Cancer Phantom (Eva passed away Dec 5th)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the parts Ive assembled so far.24" black rims,1.75 front tire,24x3.0 rear(not going to work LOL),1953 24" Schwinn Phantom frame and chainguard,pink & black bars.Berry pink paint.Krate springer on its way wich will accomodate the head tube and 24" wheel.
A super kind member is donating a pink and white springer seat that will likely be used in place of the black and pink gel seat either seat not used will be used on another BCA build later.
The red on the frame will be redone pink and chainguard also.
Special thanks to members Pick (for the seat) and Queasyrider (for offering my first frame choice).My wife saw the 53 frame and said she liked the black theme so sorry queasyrider for not buying the frame.
Breastbike.jpg

Frame before paint
52phantomframe.jpg

bars from bicycle outfitters INDY
471361797_o.jpg

Seat donated by member Pick before removed for shipping to me.
pinkseat001.jpg

pinkseat002.jpg

aftersurgery.jpg

Re: Breast Cancer Awareness 24" 53' Phantom for my wife

The bike is going to look Cool! All my best wishes.
I run Race for the Cure every year. Had 50,000 fellow Minnesotans run/walk last year. We're all rooting for ya!

Great theme to build a bike around! :D I'll be watching this :wink: Means a lot to me to see this as my grandmother passed away from it.

I just finished treatment for prostate cancer last summer (Proton treatment) and have a small idea what you guys are going through.For me the treatment was easy /non invasive just lasted a while. 44 treatments 5 a week for about 9 wks. My best wishes are with you. If you need any thing fabricated or welded for the build let me know.

God bless you and your family brother. My mom is a breast cancer survivor. Keep the hope and spirits up and use your bike obsession as a mild distraction... :D

Great build
God bless your family and wish you the best :D

Looks like that seat & the bars will be a great match! Seat is on the way!

Thanks again Pick!
Frame is beetween coats as we speak! The 3 inch tire actually fit in the frame but is so close Im not sure if its a good idea.One little bit out of true and its stuck city.

Lookin awesome Greg! How is she liking the build so far? Great job on the paint!

Got part of the decals in today.We spent the last two days traveling back and forth to the hospital.Bad news-the brain tumors are showing growth again.It was a crushing blow.We are still in the fight and the docs have options.
Phantombuild016.jpg

Xcruiser said:
Got part of the decals in today.We spent the last two days traveling back and forth to the hospital.Bad news-the brain tumors are showing growth again.It was a crushing blow.We are still in the fight and the docs have options.
Phantombuild016.jpg

beautiful bike. im sorry to hear about your wife i hope everything works out in her favor of course. i always wear my pink breast caner awareness bracelet. good luck :)

Hang in there guys! Our thoughts & prayers are with you!

Back