52 Schwinn Wasp

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy thing, I was headed out the door to work and my landlord shows up with this. Tells me he knows I like old bikes and I can just have this one. He tells me have fun. I believe it to be an all original 1952 Schwinn Wasp 26 inch Ballooner. sn is D19481.

1-7.jpg

2-7.jpg

3-7.jpg

I love it. got to replace the rubber and take her for a spin. I will post better pics tomorrow.

a couple better pics, for some reason my more detailed ones are smaller, when I can figure out how to make them bigger I will post them.

4-6.jpg

5-4.jpg

thanks guys. I put somee old crusty white walls on her and it rides smooth. I love it.

i have had many offers on taking this bike "off my hands" but im finding it very hard to let go. being its my first compleate original. i have original tires as well, I just put my crustys on so I could ride.

Perfect for sure! THats one schwinn i want to get my hands on. I just picked
up a blue 53 ladies hornet for resto. CLean it up a touch and ride the heck out of it!!

Rizzoguy said:
Perfect for sure! THats one schwinn i want to get my hands on. I just picked
up a blue 53 ladies hornet for resto. CLean it up a touch and ride the h*** out of it!!

thats how I feel right now. I love it, I put some new rubber on it and it rides awesome. I look for a reason to ride it every chance I get.. not letting it go any time soon... :mrgreen:

Back