52 Schwinn Fiesta

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have photos of a 1952 Schwinn Fiesta. I just bought one for my daughter and she is ready to get rebuilt. I can find everything but a Fiesta. Need to know if I should go original or go with the pink my daughter wants. We are missing the tank and front finder light.

hey rodg, im pretty sure the fiesta was an early 60s bike (there plenty of other 50s girls models though fair lady, debutante, starlet, hollywood....)

60s fiesta without tank
fiesta.JPG

60s fiesta with tank
fiesta.JPG

20" fiesta but i think the apes and nanner have been added to this bike
51180039_1.jpg

ive got a tank if you need one, it would need repainted though. but its the early style without the horn/horn button hole like the tanks in the pic

I found a site with chicgo schwinn ser # and the number match with 1952 Sept. production. It is a 2 speed auto matic. Other than that I am not sure. It is first adult womens bike we have purchased.

2 speeds were a 60s thing, post the serial and we can double check for you. and if it has the tank hangers on the bottom of the top tube, its definately a 60s bike. if the chainguard looks like the bikes above, its a 60s bike. a pic of the bike actual bike wouldnt hurt either to id it :)

Ser # is F22968. It looks just like the blue one. I wish I found this forum about 4 weeks ago it sure would have saved some computer time that could have been spent on builing. I would be interested in a tank. I han't down loaded pictures to the computer yet but if I need to I can.

62/63 was the first year for the fiesta so that kinda rules out the 50s unless a chainguard got swapped onto an older bike.

if it starts F2 that would be a june 1962 bike

usually 60s bikes serial #s will be 7 digits (60-64 would be a letter followed by 6 numbers, 65 up would be 2 letters followed by 5 numbers) but sometimes a number didnt get stamped or its hidden by the axle nut on the dropout, usually if theres a digit that didnt get stamped you would see a space in the serial #

heres a 63 fiesta (thats the tank ive got)
101_0150.jpg

Ser# is buy the rear axle. Chain guard looks the same color. The bike is faded pretty good. I jst checked and did not see any other numbers just the five.

From your pictures I would agree. I can't figure out how to attach my picture. Thanks for the help.

There's a date in the fork legs as well, that a lot of people don't see.

If you take off the front wheel and give it a cleanup, you'll have a date like 06+2,
which would translate to June of 62. Very small font, stamped into one leg just
above the axle dropout slot. Can be obscured if the wheel has banged around a
lot on the fork.

In this case, the issue being whether it's a '52 or a '62, that doesn't answer that
question, but generally you can be sure that a middleweight bike is post 1955.

Best of luck with it. I'm ratting out its grandmother (a '47) right now.

--Rob

Markm said:
since your gonna take it apart anyway, the crank and stem should be dated.

Thank s for all the help. I will have apart this week sometime and let you know what I find.

Well it is no longer a 52. Just finished break down and it is 62. Hope to post photos when all pianted up. This is the first complete build I am going to do. One question can I sand down the chrome parts and paint them or do I need to find black parts?

Back