'52 Rat Panther

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked this up from a CL ad. If I would quit buying bikes I might actually finish the projects I've already started. As for now, I just want to get a nice set of wheels with the fattest tires I can possibly fit on this thing. Possibly paint it, but no time soon.
I could really use some guidance on the wheels. I like the boaG sets offered here in the store but unsure of the size I need?

If that's already original paint I wouldn't repaint it!!!! Just my opinion. You can get away with 2.35 tires but you would need to remove the fenders most likely as well as possibly add spacers to the springer.i think the bike looks amazing if it was mine I'd do nothing but grease up the bearings and ride. Great bike man !!!

If that's already original paint I wouldn't repaint it!!!! Just my opinion. You can get away with 2.35 tires but you would need to remove the fenders most likely as well as possibly add spacers to the springer.i think the bike looks amazing if it was mine I'd do nothing but grease up the bearings and ride. Great bike man !!!
Thanks! It is original paint. All the chrome is trashed but the paint isn't too bad. I'm gonna keep it as a rat probably. Also, I can't go fenderless because I like that rocket ray headlight waaay to much.

Yea if you were to strip the original paint you can take the value and cut it by 60%. I love your bike I'd keep it just as is.id just throw some new tires maybe some clay colored ones and cruise. Really Kool bike again man great score.

Are you talking about the 57mm wheels?
I think you just might be able to run 26" x 57mm wheels with BOA-G tires.
Here are the measurements I took when I was testing tires with the 57mm wheels.

Electra Retro Runner tires
2 5/8" Wide
2 5/16" above the lip of the rim

3G BOA-G tires
2 7/8" Wide
2 9/16" above the lip of the rim

Are you talking about the 57mm wheels?
I think you just might be able to run 26" x 57mm wheels with BOA-G tires.
Here are the measurements I took when I was testing tires with the 57mm wheels.

Electra Retro Runner tires
2 5/8" Wide
2 5/16" above the lip of the rim

3G BOA-G tires
2 7/8" Wide
2 9/16" above the lip of the rim
Yep that's the ones. And thanks for the info! I'll have to take some measurements on my bike and compare notes. Also wondering if 24" with fat tires would look good and fit as well?

For reference, here's a 24x3 Fatti-O on that same fork.
992d621278306711b962ea55ac074c87.jpg

Mocked up with a fender.
eb219184ebd0e9110aeedb34346b22f4.jpg

Hope this helps...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great find l like just the way it is just needs some new rubber [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea if you were to strip the original paint you can take the value and cut it by 60%. I love your bike I'd keep it just as is.id just throw some new tires maybe some clay colored ones and cruise. Really Kool bike again man great score.
Agreed, cool fat tires, original paint and ride the heck out of it. I like fenderless as well.....but that light is way cool!

In my opinion, don't take the fenders off yours. Looks awesome with the full fendered patina. You don't like them? I'll gladly take them off your hands!;)
Don't worry everybody I'm gonna leave it as is with the exception of adding some nice wheels and tires. I may get a three speed rear hub wheel so I can actually ride it in my area. If I do decide to sell it, I'll give you (blwnmny) a heads up

Back