51 or 52 Schwinn Autocycle truss question

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I I just got a 51 schwinn autocycle frame and fork and have a quick question about the fork. Are the truss rods used on the autocycle (50's one, not 30's) the same as the "standard" schwinn truss rods used with their blade fork?

I've never seen a modernish autocycle so I'm not sure.

TIA

I think all Autocycles had spring forks. If you're asking if the truss rods for a blade fork are the same for a spring fork, the answer is no. Truss rods came in many different lengths so make sure you know the correct length before you plop your money down. Gary

Ehhh, it was an Ebay auction for frame/fork/fender the other day, I missed out :( Stuff always goes for next to NOTHING when I'm NOT actively pursuing it, Murphy's Law.

Anyway, interesting bike. I don't typically think of the '50's when I think of the Autocycle. By the looks of the drawing, the fork uses the standard truss rods of the 50's, no support tabs on the fork crown (I think those went bye bye after the 30's anyway).

subadrew said:
That's the bike. I can't seem to find a picture of one outside the catalog. Maybe they weren't very many of them made?

Millions...but they are more commonly referred to as a "B6" and most Schwinn enthusiasts save the "Autocycle" reference for prewar even though it is 100% correct.

Back