50's Western Flyer-badged CWC skiptooth

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been watching this one on CL for about a year now. It was far enough away that I could talk myself out of it, so I never made the trip. But this weekend I was headed off for weekend at my buddy's camp and practically driving right by it, so it's mine.

9387503876_fe0feb6054_c.jpg

I had brought the whitewall balloon tires and some tools and parts with me in the hopes that it would be rideable. Just had to replace a few spokes and pop those one, and I had myself a functional bike that rides like a dream.

9384728503_d31f697271_c.jpg

9384728185_96d2579155_c.jpg

Can anyone help my figure out the year? The serial number is J28484. I can make out the CW after it, but the area where the A would be is hard to see. It almost looks like there's an M there, so I'm thinking it's an A (and thus a 50 or 51)? I'm hoping someone here can identify it based on the fork and the skiptooth. Thanks in advance if you can.

Oh yeah, and the front wheel is from my mountain bike. You can probably tell it's not original by the quick-release skewer that's on the wrong side of the frame.

Just by looking I would say it's a 48 to 51. Someone here should be able to pin it down a bit closer.
Johnny

Looks the same as my bike wich is also a western flyer, mines red though. this picture should also help you of you wanna good idea what other parts should be on it. i assume its ones of these bikes though. could be wrong. your paints in better condition then mine though but I love it this way. someone said this was a 1942. the one you have has a chrome wheel on back it looks like, could of been replaced if not that bikes proberly a few years appart from this
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/ ... 1_0039.jpg

Thanks guys.

Hsean, I love the rust look too. Your bike is definitely a little older than mine, because it has the curved fender braces. Mine is at least a '46 or older, because it has a Bendix rear hub. I'm still thinking its a '50 or a '51.

Back