50's Murray Built Western Flyer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked this bike up a while back the same time I got my 37 Twinbar Schwinn, awesome find, was super stoked. Anyway, bike was a little rusty with lots of house paint layered on, which I'm actually glad because that is what kept the rust to a minimum. I chemical stripped the frame, tank and Jet Line chain gaurd down to bare metal, then used a metal sealer and painted it a nice smooth satin black. The tank had zero rust on the inside and was in super nice condition, switched out the old super narrow fork to a newer nos double crown Murray fork I picked up. I pretty much built it up with spare parts from other bikes I had, 40/18 ratio, easy rider. Rides awesome and really feels 50's, can't really explain it, white t-shirt with a pack of smokes rolled up in the sleeve, Levi's and loafers, wasn't around back then but my pops was, really love that time. Don't mind the seat because I put this same seat on all my old cruisers, sorry in advance to the purist, I just hate the way those old troxel seats look. 8) Here she is, coppertone wheels and all,...
WF2.jpg

WFParts.jpg

WF4.jpg

WF3.jpg

WF1.jpg

Thanks, been ridin it alot, really nice rider.

Back